Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday, July 12

Slept until nearly 8 a.m. this morning, then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house while I was getting ready for the day.

It was pretty much a lazy day for us, although after lunch, we prepared food for the weekend. Mother chopped veggies for tuna salad and potato salad. Hubbie peeled hard boiled eggs for egg salad, and washed and snapped green beans to be cooked Saturday.
I put the salads together.

I wanted to get a head start on these preparations, because tomorrow evening around 5:30, Hubbie and I will help man the art gallery for the monthly second Friday event. Tomorrow, we are hosting a group from the community theater, who will perform a scene from their upcoming production of "Beauty and the Beast." Hubbie's and my contribution will be to make space in the gallery by storing folding tables, and then arranging chairs, as well as helping to clean up the gallery afterward. I will also shoot some photos for the newspaper.

When we'd finished kitchen duties, Mother retired to the couch for a nap, and Hubbie and I goofed off watching TV and reading. I finished the novel, "Anna Karenina," by Leo Tolstoy, which is about 800 pages long. I first read this book in college, and vowed to read it again someday. Now I have.

Later, for supper, we had leftovers...a choice of mashed potatoes or rice, with fried green tomatoes and white sauce, and sauteed sqaush. Mother and Hubbie had cornbread, but I skipped the bread.

I accompanied Mother home afterward, and then grabbed my camera to take a few snapshots in the yard. There's not much camera fodder right now, since the drought has dried everything up.

Back indoors, we turned the TV off (not much entertainment fodder right now, either) and read for a while. Around 8:30, we watched a Lifetime Movie Network feature called, "The Bling Ring," based on the true story of a group of Hollywood teenagers who for several months brazenly burgled the homes of several celebrities, before getting caught.

0 comments: