Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday, Dec. 23

Today is Grandson's birthday. Happy Birthday, Grandson!

Up around 8 a.m., and skipped my exercises, as I usually do on Sunday. After breakfast, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, while I got ready for the day.

We spent the morning in the kitchen. First, we made goulash sauce (or what we have sometimes called slumgullion)...a regular recipe of spaghetti sauce, with leftover beans and ham added. While the sauce simmered, we made a pot of tomato soup.

Then I made a glaze for the rum cake I baked last night, and Mother spooned it onto the cake.

Spent the rest of the morning watching "It's a Wonderful Life," until it was time to cook the macaroni for the goulash. The goulash was really yummy today, with a side of coleslaw, and slices of bread and butter. Mother ate two helpings.

After lunch, I started the movie "Miracle on 34th Street," but halfway through it, mother was ready to head to the couch for a nap.

While she slept, Hubbie peeled and sliced apples, and I made a pie. It was out of the oven before Mother finished her nap.

Since it was around 3:30, I made a batch of chai tea, and then fixed cups of it for us, which I served with tea cookies. Not long afterward, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV.





0 comments: