Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday, Dec. 11

Today is Daughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Daughter!

Slept late again, until around 8 a.m. Shortly after breakfast, Daughter called. She was up unusually early, because she went to the college where she works for a free breakfast. She said that later, employees were also invited to the president's house for lunch. This is a very nice affair, so I know she was looking forward to it.

She wanted to present the president and his wife with a unique Christmas card. So she cleverly used one that Mother and I made for her last year, which featured a screen door front, snow, and a snowman. She tore the insert out, and replaced it with a card depicting Santa seated in front of a fireplace, which shows through the screen door.

We talked for quite a while. Afterward, I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises, and then Hubbie put color in my hair, in anticipation of a haircut appointment this afternoon.

Once I was finally showered and dressed, it was time for lunch. Afterward, Mother and I went to the beauty shop for our 1 p.m. appointments. Br-r-r, it was really cool out there today.

Seems everyone has tales of woe. Today, my hairdresser talked about not being a bit ready for Christmas...hasn't even decorated yet...because her daughter and fiance' are in the throes of buying a house before they are married, so she was helping out with that. Also her daughter was honored with a bridal shower on Dec. 1.

In the midst of all this, her college-age son suffered from a carbuncle-type thing on his behind. He said nothing about it until it got so bad he was forced to see a doctor. A week's stay in the hospital followed, with the golf ball sized growth being surgically removed.

The hairdresser said this is a rare form of the growth, and is genetic...both his father and grandfather suffered from the same thing.

Back home, Mother headed to the couch for a nap, and Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to buy paint for the laundry room. I got what I thought was a light beige, but turned out to be a very pale yellow called vanilla custard (who can tell by a sample under fluorescent lighting?).

Back home again, Hubbie got started painting the room, and I did this and that...ironing tableclothes for the weeked, clearing counters, etc.

Supper was once again leftovers from Sunday's meal. I accompanied Mother to her house afterward, while Hubbie finished painting the room. The color is fine, if not exactly what I had in mind. It's clean, at least.

We finished the evening watching TV.











0 comments: