Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday, March 19

Slept reasonably well last night, and got up late, around 8 a.m. Just can't seem to shed this very irritating hacking cough. And I'm still sneezing and blowing a little. Guess I won't be going to water aerobics again tomorrow, drat it.

Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and we set up a new jigsaw puzzle for her. I postponed getting ready for the day until after I made a few phone calls...first to RSVP an invitation to a wedding shower. I hoped to find out where the bride-to-be is registered, but the hostess seemed not to know. But she said she would contact the bride's mother and get back with me. If she's not registered anywhere, she'll get a gift card from me, since I haven't a clue what she needs or wants.

Then I called the scrapbook club members. One lady was not home, so I left a message. The other one loves to talk, so I was on the phone for quite a while with her. She does not attend meetings if there is a threat of rain, and later today, I learned that there is not only a threat of rain, but it could snow! That would be a real coincidence, since an ice storm prevented our meeting last month, and snow cancelled it in January.

While I was doing this, the guy who is to pump the septic tank came. Despite what the plumber said, this guy said the yard is too wet to pump the tank or do anything about the field tiles. The task will have to wait awhile. But he did give us an estimate of the charges for this service...yikes! is all I can say.

By now it was time for lunch. Afterward, Mother and I prepared a couple of pots of soup to simmer...chicken, and split pea. Mother diced all the veggies, and cubed the ham, and I did the rest.

Finally, I headed upstairs to get ready for the day, which was now half over. Back downstairs, I noticed Mother was strugging with the border to the puzzle she started, so I helped her straighten that out, but didn't accomplish much else the rest of the afternoon.

Later, we chose the chicken noodle soup for supper, served with the remainder of the Irish soda bread. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then we watched TV.

0 comments: