Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday, April 22

Up at 6:30 to get ready for water aerobics. It was a nice sunny morning, though cool enough for fleece wear. The pool was pleasingly warm, and sixteen of us enjoyed it.

One of the regulars that I usually visit with before the aerobics session begins was absent today. She was one of the several who left the pool last Wednesday, because the jets weren't operating. I thought maybe she was still afraid of the water. But later today, I got an e-mail from her saying that she will be out for the next three weeks, because a spot on her leg has tested positive for cancer. So she will be undergoing treatment.

Back home, I relaxed with a couple of cups of coffee, finished planning the week's menu (always a strain on my brain), and then got ready for the day. By now, it was noon, and Hubbie did the honors of making grilled cheese sandwiches. He had accompanied Mother to our house earlier, and after lunch, she went to her puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands.

First, we went to the roadside vendor to buy a flat of strawberries for the freezer. Mother and I will work those up tomorrow. Then we went to the WDCS for groceries. We were back home around 2:30.

Didn't accomplish much else before time to prepare supper. Around 4:30, Mother and I made a batch of homemade biscuits to go with the leftover steamed veggie dinner from yesterday.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home after that, and later we went to a 7 p.m. movie to see "42," about the history-making baseball player, Jackie Robinson. Really good movie. Of course, Hubbie and I are fond of sports biopics. There were only eight of us in the theater, possibly because it's Monday night. We were back home around 9:30.

0 comments: