Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday, June 24

Up late, after 8 a.m. I didn't get around to my exercises until later in the morning, because (1), I spent time on the phone talking with Niece and Daughter-in-Law, and then passing messages to appropriate family members, (2), I gathered ingredients and supplies for making jelly, and (3), I gathered four half-pint jars of various jellies, and located a box to put them in, so Hubbie could deliver them to the tree service guy to thank him for cutting that tree limb that was blocking our view of oncoming traffic on the road.

In the meantime, Hubbie ran errands, including to the grocery store to pick up hamburger for making meatloaf later.

Around 11 a.m., I did an exercise session of stair stepping, resistance bands, and weight lifting, and then finally went upstairs to get ready for the day. Back downstairs, I fixed a lunch of leftovers.

Afterward, Hubbie went out to work in the yard, and Mother and I made apple-peach jelly. This time, we made it the old-fashioned way, on the stove top. We got twelve half-pints of jelly, and all but one of them sealed properly. Mother will take the unsealed one home to eat, since she's very fond of peach flavor.

After that, Mother helped put together a meatloaf, and then she went to her jigsaw puzzle. I spent some of the afternoon reading newspapers, and playing on my e-tablet.

Around 3 p.m., Daughter called, and we talked for quite a while. I put the meatloaf in the oven shortly after we finished our conversation. Later, I put a dish of green beans in the oven. Hubbie peeled potatoes, to be boiled and mashed. The meal was ready by 5 p.m.

Mother had nodded off in the chair near her puzzle, so I called her to supper. At the table, she commented that she had a headache, so I gave her a couple of Tylenol and a cup of coffee. She ate a good supper, and her headache seemed to ease some.

Before I accompanied her home, she mentioned that her left leg is swollen. I don't know what that means, but I will make an appointment for her to see her doctor tomorrow. Maybe she is retaining fluid and needs extra water pill medication.

Tonight, since the super moon is still supposed to be visible, I prevailed upon Hubbie to accompany me to a nearby hill to take more pictures. But we waited until after 9 p.m., and when the moon failed to appear, we gave up. Strange. What happened to the moon? Shouldn't it be up there somewhere with the stars that we saw?

Last night, just after dusk, we saw a herd of about ten deer at the bottom of the hill run down a path, leap over a ditch, and bound into the woods. Tonight, like the moon, they didn't appear.

We were back home around 9:30, and finished the evening watching TV.













0 comments: