Sunday, June 23, 2013

Saturday, June 22

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m., but did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and we got to work re-doing the jellies that had not set properly. We did a couple of apple-peach jars before lunch.

After that, I went upstairs to get ready for the day. It was noon by the time I came back downstairs. Following a lunch of leftover pancakes, Mother and I re-did a couple of jars of three-berry jellies. Since we had a little three-berry jelly and some apple-peach left over, we put them together to make a jar of five-fruit jelly.

Then Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to a grocery store to pick up a free box of macaroni and cheese, using a digital coupon loaded onto our plus card. From there, we went to the WDCS for a few grocery items, including more pectin for making jellies. I plan to make a couple of batches the old-fashioned way...on the stove top.

By the time we got back home, it was 4 p.m., so I put baking potatoes in the oven, along with a dish of leftover steamed veggies. I didn't plan my weekly menu like I usually do, so I've been having to play it by ear for meals each night.

It took a little longer than an hour to bake the potatoes, so it was close to 5:30 before we sat down to eat. But we enjoyed it when we did. The potatoes, topped with sour cream and diced Vidalia onions, were very satisfying. And steamed veggies are always good, even left over.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and then we watched TV for a while, before going on a little outing to observe the super moon from atop a hill overlooking the river. I've never really successfully captured a photo of the super moon, and I wanted to give it another try tonight.

But, phooey, it didn't work...again. I did get a nice shot of the sunset, though, with multi-colored cloud striations across  its face.

The moon was gorgeous tonight, so bright and full and golden colored. It got a little competition, though, from lightning outlining a tall bank of fluffy clouds, seemingly just yards from away.

It was 9:30 by the time we got back home, so we didn't delay heading to bed. We were ready after a busy day.










0 comments: