Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday, Oct. 14

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. on this unusually cool August morning. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. If I'd realized how cool it was outside, I might have opted to ride my bike for exercise. We're supposed to get a few more mornings like this, so I'll get another chance at it.

 Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. The first thing she mentioned was that she couldn't find her eyeglasses. She and Hubbie both declared that they'd looked everywhere. I had no idea where they were, but I trekked over to Mother's house to search for them before I got ready for the day. They were in her purse, though both Hubbie and Mother swore they'd thoroughly checked it.

She has misplaced her eyeglasses several times before, though she declares it has been only a couple of times. Anyway, I've decided to buy her a new eyeglass case...one that is brightly colored and maybe with a design...that she can easily see. The one she has now is dark blue and blends with the lining of her black purse, her jeans, and her dark shirts and jackets. 

Once she had her glasses again, she went to her jigsaw puzzle. While she did that, I got ready for the day, and Hubbie ran a couple of errands.

After lunch, I began sprucing the house for a scrapbook club meeting tomorrow afternoon. Then I gathered materials needed for making a few greeting cards.

Didn't do much else after that for the rest of the afternoon except catch up on reading newspapers. For supper, I heated leftovers from Sunday...pork roast in gravy, along with potatoes, carrots, and onions, and English peas and Lima beans from another meal. Served it with individual cups of applesauce.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV for the evening.  

0 comments: