Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday, Sept. 5

Slept late, until around 8 a.m., then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she diced onions, carrots, banana peppers, and ham for a pot of beans. I set the beans to simmering with the veggies and cans of chicken and beef broth, plus spices...no-salt seasoning, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder.

Got ready for the day, and then did this and that until lunchtime. Same lunch today as yesterday. By noon, the beans were cooked and I removed them from the heat.

Today, I had an ophthalmologist appointment at 1:50 p.m. Hubbie went with me, since I knew my eyes would be dilated and I wouldn't feel comfortable driving home.

I made the appointment, because my left eye has been bothering me...feels like a scratch on the eyeball when I rub it, and my vision in that eye is slightly blurred...not bad, but enough to be a little annoying sometimes.

I dreaded that something serious might be wrong, but after a thorough exam, the doctor told me my problem is dry eyes and a cataract that is slightly more mature than my last exam three years ago, but otherwise, there are no eye diseases, and my vision is only slightly less than 20/20. My current glasses are fine, he said, so there's no use wasting money on a new pair. I sort of hate that, since I don't like my current glasses. He suggested I use artificial tears about four times a day to combat dry eyes.

Back home, Hubbie scrubbed potatoes to be baked, and grated cabbage in the food processor. I put the potatoes in the oven, and later sauteed the cabbage. The potatoes and cabbage, with the ham and beans, were really good. There'll be a repeat of this meal tomorrow night.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched episodes of "One Tree Hill."







 

0 comments: