Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wednesday, Sept. 4

We slept late, until 8 a.m. I didn't go to water aerobics, of course, but I did do stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. It had been several days since I exercised, so I needed a workout.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning, and she sorted navy beans to be soaked later. Then she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, I did a few after-trip things, and then served a lunch of sandwiches for Hubbie and me, and Ramen noodle soup for Mother.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the newspaper office, to the bank, to the pharmacy, to the paint store, to the card shop, and to the WDCS.

At the paint store, I looked for a color appropriate for painting the stairwell. I want a pale green similar to the color in Hubbie's daughter's living room. She said it's called celadon, but when I asked about it, the store clerk said it's no longer in stock. But she can mix it if we want it. I don't know if I want it until I can get a sample. Daughter said she has leftover paint in that color and will paint a sample to send to me.

I hope it works, because we can get paint at 40% off toward the end of the month, and I want to get that stairwell painted before the holidays. I'm tired of looking at the peeling wallpaper (scratched down by the cats when they were younger) in that area.

Back home, later, I heated the rest of the leftover lasagna for supper, and served it with tomatoes topped with cottage cheese, and the last of the garlic bread.

Mother stayed around for a while to watch TV, and then Hubbie accompanied her to her house. We continued to watch TV for a while before bedtime.

0 comments: