Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday, Sept. 25

Up at 8 a.m., and did stair stepping and resistance bands exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. I gathered carrots, onions, and celery for her to dice, while I got ready for the day.

Funny: at one point this morning, I went outside, and from the front porch, I looked past the vinca vines around the well house to see a strange bird in the yard. It had a red head and a green and black body. I decided to take a closer look, so step by step, I quietly approached, until I got within clear view of it. It was the sprinkler.

Back downstairs, I did this and that in preparation for the weekend, until around 3 p.m., when I put a pot of chicken on to simmer.

I expected Daughter to arrive some time today, but it was close to 5 p.m. by the time she got here. I tried to contact her earlier in the day to suggest she bring her bicycle with her, but she was offline all day, so I never reached her.

For supper, I served some of the boiled chicken, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and canned whole kernel corn.

Then I made chicken noodle soup with the broth and remaining chicken. This will be part of the meal plan for the weekend.

We expect Sis to arrive sometime tomorrow.

After supper, Daughter accompanied Mother to her house, and then we watched TV, including a PG 2004 movie called, "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear," and the first two episodes of a new series, "Sleepy Hollow."






  

0 comments: