Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, Dec. 9

Up around 8 a.m. on this still-frozen morning. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house, including several loads of laundry, and putting away summer clothes and getting out the winter ones. I'm late getting to that project, but the current weather inspired me to the task. Up until now, the weather has been warm one day and cool the next, so that I needed both kinds of clothing.

But now that Christmas is fast approaching, it was necessary to unearth my holiday sweaters and matching turtleneck shirts. Once I dug those out, I was on a roll to dig everything else out.

After that, I made lists...groceries needed over the next several days, menus, gift lists, and chores lists. There's a lot to do and not much time to do it before Christmas. Several days of illness, followed by several days of wintry weather, has not helped.

Speaking of illness, Mother now has a full-blown cold, and Hubbie is beginning to sniffle and cough. There are several events coming up this week, but I don't know if they'll feel like going or not.

One event...the luncheon/educational talk at the hospital scheduled for tomorrow at noon has been cancelled, but so far the other events of the week are still on, as far as I know.

At lunchtime, I heated soup for Mother, and Hubbie took it over to her house. He and I had a soup lunch too, and afterward we made a batch of fruited popcorn. I plan to take this to the beauty shop tomorrow afternoon, when I go for a haircut.

Relaxed with the newspapers after that until time to fix supper. Tonight, we had a variety of leftovers, which I heated in the oven. Hubbie and I carried the meal to Mother's house, and joined her for supper.

After supper, we played several games of Skipbo. Each of us won a game. At 8:30, we returned home and watched TV until bedtime.

Not a very exciting day, and we are beginning to feel the effects of being too long confined to the house. In fact, if I hadn't protested, Hubbie would have hopped in the van and run around town today, but I felt that one more day was needed to make road conditions better.

Today, traffic is flowing pretty near normally. Lots of vehicles on the road, plus the snow plow making another run up and down it today, should have beaten the ice back sufficiently to make travel safe by tomorrow.

Of course, there is a small threat of more sleet, and maybe snow flurries, tonight, but hopefully it won't be enough to add ice to the road.















0 comments: