Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday, April 30

Up at 7:30. I did stair stepping exercises after breakfast, but skipped the resistance and weights. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. Then he put color in my hair in anticipation of a haircut appointment this afternoon.

While the color worked, I washed six quarts of strawberries, which Hubbie and Mother capped and sliced for the freezer. While they were doing this. I went upstairs and got ready for the day.

Didn't do much else after that until lunch time. For lunch, Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup, and Hubbie and I had scrambled egg substitute, with toast and jelly.

Mother's and my haircut appointments were at 2:15, so we left the house around 1:45. Br-r-r, it was chilly outside. I would have welcomed warmer clothes, but felt silly dressing as though for winter. I did layer shirts, though, and wore a fleece jacket.

We were back home around 3 p.m., and Mother and I put together a meatloaf. Hubbie washed potatoes for baking. At 4 p.m., I put the meal in the oven, and put a couple of quarts of green beans from the freezer into a pan to heat.

The meal was very good. I baked enough potatoes to saute' a few tomorrow to have with meatloaf sandwiches.

Mother was ready to go home afterward, and Hubbie accompanied her. Later, I went to her house to put drops in her eyes. Then Hubbie and I watched the last of season five of "Bones." The DVDs will be ready to go back to the library tomorrow. Hopefully, the next couple of seasons will be available to check out.

We also watched episodes of "Mr. Selfridge," recorded on DVR from the public channel. This series is a period drama about an American man who establishes a department store in London, and the goings-on of his staff. Harry Gordon Selfridge was the actual retail king who established the store, though I'm sure some of the story lines are fiction.




0 comments: