Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Family Gathering

Last Saturday, my family (those who weren't down with flu or strep throat) gathered at my son and daughter-in-law's new home, an hour and a half away, for a housewarming and February birthdays celebration. There were about 30 of us, including several girlfriends and boyfriends that grandkids brought along. There were also five babies that we passed around for hugging and smooching. It was a great day for whipping out digital cameras.

I provided the main course of pots of chili, and deli meats and cheeses for sandwiches. Mother made chocolate and white cupcakes. Sis brought a delicious peach cobbler. Daughters-in-law provided everything else, like crackers, Fritos for Frito chili pie, bread and rolls for sandwiches, ice cream, and drinks.

Son and daughter-in-law's home has nice big rooms where our gang could spread out. Picture windows look out over several acres of land, where deer frequently visit. There is also space for a large veggie garden. Son's family love watching the deer right now, but they'll probably fall out of love with them when they start feeding in the veggie garden this summer.

Thankfully, Saturday was mild enough for the kids to go outdoors and jump on the trampoline, while we adults cuddled any baby we could get our hands on.

It was a good day for celebrating my son's, daughter-in-law's, and grandson's birthdays, as well as a couple of others who also have February birthdays.

Around 3 p.m., we headed home, happy and well-fed.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

That was a wonderful gathering! I did post about nephew's adventures with his TV antenna. It was too funny not to share it! Now that my antenna is across the roof of my house, maybe it will get better reception, too? lol

Sixty Something said...

Yes, I read your post about the TV antenna, and by now you've probably seen my comment on it. I think everybody enjoyed the gathering.