Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let's Rumba

Br-r-r, it was cold last night for getting out to go to our ballroom dancing class, but at least there was no threat of wintry weather or tornadoes. And it didn't take long for us to warm up after a fast-paced Rumba lesson.

Hubbie had a bit of trouble negotiating this more-complicated-than-usual step, but by the end of the hour session, he nearly had it nailed. He would start out fine on the left-foot-forward beginning, but have difficulty with the right-foot-back finish, so that I frequently stubbed my left foot toes on his immovable right foot. Finally, though, we caught our stride. We noticed other couples were tripping over each other attempting this step, too, forcing our instructor to hurry around the room helping various ones, including us, get the rhythm of the dance. We practiced again when we got back home, but I can tell that this one will take lots of practice.

A full day yesterday of attending the "Go Red for Women" event with Mother, dance classes with my husband last night, and then Rumba practice after we got home, pretty well tuckered me out. I sometimes have trouble going to sleep after we go to bed at night, but not last night. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, I think.

0 comments: