Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Good Day

The news anchor, Charles Gibson, signed off last evening with, "From all of us here at ABC News, we hope you've had a good day."

I thought about that. What kind of a day did I have? It wasn't extraordinary. I didn't accomplish big things. Nothing thrilling happened. But...

*I woke up feeling well, and glad to be alive;

*the sun was shining and the temp rose into the 70s;

*I completed a list of chores;

*I admired and photographed the tulip bed;

*Mother and I enjoyed walking around the college lake;

*the nurse at my heart doctor's office called to tell me the doctor is exceedingly pleased with the results of my blood work;

*Mother, Hubbie, and Shih Tzu are all well;

*I enjoyed good food in a comfortable home;

*and I'm privileged to be an American, living in a caring community.

Yes, Charles Gibson, I had a good day.

0 comments: