Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ordinary Saturday

Yesterday (Saturday) was a very ordinary day, comprised mainly of taking care of household chores and yard work. Even though we got up late, I still managed to get 40 minutes of exercise walking on my treadmill and doing stretches and an upper body workout with an elastic band.

Later in the morning, Hubbie and I made a brief trip to town. A lady at water aerobics Friday said one of the grocery stores had a good sale on delicious black grapes, so we dropped by to get some. Turned out the sale ended Friday, drat it. However, they had bananas at 39 cents a pound, so we grabbed some of those.

Then we went to one of the stores that holds a sale every weekend, because I had a gift card I wanted to use. This store has closed several in its chain, and I was afraid the one in our town would do the same soon without notice (like Blockbusters did), and I'd be stuck with a gift card I couldn't use.

The store had several clearance racks, and I found an orange knit shirt and a pair of khaki slacks in my size, the combined price of which used up the amount on my gift card. Hubbie also found a pair of khaki slacks and a pair of denim jeans at very reasonable prices on the men's clearance racks.

Later in the afternoon, Mother and I sat down to watch a couple of half-hour scrapbook shows and a couple of "Monk" episodes that I'd recorded on DVR. By this time, we were ready for a supper of hamburgers/turkey burgers, sauteed new potatoes, whole kernel corn, English peas, and sliced tomatoes.

After supper, I made a big dish of sugar-free Jell-o, filled with a can of mixed fruit and fresh bananas. Then Hubbie and I sat down to listen to a radio broadcast of our favorite college football team in its edge-of-our-seats first game of the season. The young team won by only a narrow margin.

0 comments: