Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Visit to the Doctor

An infection prevented me from attending Cardiac Rehab this morning. I probably should have visited the doctor yesterday, when the malady came on, but my day was fully occupied with taking Mother for her colonoscopy, and then tending to her after she got home. So I treated myself as best I could by drinking lots of water.

First thing this morning, I called Cardiac Rehab to let them know I wouldn't be in, and then made an appointment with my doctor for 2:45 p.m.

After that, Hubbie and I ran errands. We found that we needed several grocery items, including spaghetti sauce for tonight's supper, so we went to the WDCS. Before we went there, I picked up my jacket from a seamstress who had altered it for me. I felt the price of the alteration was reasonable for saving a rather expensive jacket (a gift from Hubbie) that I only got to wear one time before losing 40 lbs. I'm going to love wearing this attractive jacket to holiday events during the fall and winter.

We didn't accomplish much after lunch on this rainy day. Mother worked on her jigsaw puzzle, and I wrote a letter to a friend, and a note to Granddaughter, and included photos in both to go out in the mail tomorrow.

Hubbie picked up limbs that had blown down in Gustav's winds, and in the process of wandering around outdoors, discovered that a calico mama cat and her five kittens have taken up residence behind some plywood panels on the back porch. The kittens appear to be weaning size. Hubbie is feeding the lot of them, since nothing is allowed to go hungry around our house. But we hope the mama cat (who has taken up temporary residence here before) will decide to move her babies somewhere else soon, like she did with a batch in the spring.

I met my doctor's appointment at 2:45, but it was about 3:15 before I was taken to an exam room, and then another twenty minutes before the doctor saw me. I went straight to the pharmacy from the doctor's office, where my prescription was filled pretty quickly, and got back home around 4 p.m.

After talking with a friend on the phone last night, I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait longer at the doctor's office...she said she accompanied a mutual friend of ours to her eye doctor yesterday afternoon, and was kept waiting for three hours before being seen.

I haven't slept well for the past two nights. I had trouble falling asleep Tuesday night, and then got up at 5 p.m. to take Mother to the outpatient clinic. Because of the discomfort of an infection, I also didn't rest well on the couch last night, where I stayed to help Mother in the night if she needed me. She slept in the guest bedroom. I hope I can catch up on my sleep tonight. Because of the infection, I won't be going to water aerobics tomorrow, so nothing should keep me from sleeping late in the morning.

0 comments: