Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tuesday, December 30

We got up early today, so I could get my treadmill session in before Mother and I went to the beauty shop for haircuts. Our appointments were at 10:30 a.m.

We were back before lunch. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands, again, this time to the pharmacy, and back to the store that has a sale every weekend to return the other hair trimmer. This time, I took it back to the men's department, where I got a cash refund, because I'd paid cash for this one. Live and learn. I'll be more careful from now on in choosing which mode of payment to use.

I'll also be careful of what I'm buying. Instead of an electric shaver for Hubbie for Christmas, I ended up with two useless hair trimmers that had to be returned. That's what I get for being in a hurry. I got the first one because I was trying to hurry and make the purchase before Hubbie sought me out, thereby not noticing that I had a hair trimmer and not an electric shaver, and also forgetting to use a $10 coupon.

And I got the second hair trimmer in a rush on Christmas Eve. This time, I decided that instead of returning the first purchase for a refund and then buying a second one to use the coupon, I'd just buy another one, and return one of them after Christmas. Instead, I had to return both of them, since neither was an electric shaver.

Of course, no day is complete without a run to the WDCS, so that's where we went next. From there, we stopped by the veterinary clinic to order a case of dog food for Shih Tzu, and to the health store to get fish oil gels for me. I got two big boxes today, because they were priced at buy one, get the second one half price.

After that, we came back home, and Mother and I heated the leftover "who hash" to have with eggs and toast. After supper, we played several games of Duo, a card game Hubbie usually wins. Tonight, though, Mother won four, I won five and Hubbie won only one. After several rounds that he did not win, I said, "It's time that one won one." So he did. But he didn't win any more.

Mother went home around 8:30 p.m., and Hubbie and I watched our favorite college basketball team win over a very strong, experienced, and virtually unbeaten team, that our young team was predicted to lose to by a wide margin. It was an exciting game.

0 comments: