Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

We slept late this morning, and I skipped my exercises. Mother came over after breakfast. and we watched the Citrus Parade from Oralando, Florida, followed by the Tournament of Roses Parade from Pasadena, California.



For lunch, we had pork loin prepared with herbs and roasted in the slow cooker (instead of traditional ham, which is too salty for my diet). With the roast, we had baked sweet potatoes, blackeyed pleas (for good luck), asparagus, and fruit salad.



After lunch, we spent the afternoon playing cards, starting with Xactica...I won three games, and Hubbie won one. Then we switched to Skibo, which is usually Mother's best game. Of the two games we played today, though, Hubbie won one and I won one. No wins for Mother, though she enjoyed playing.



Mother went home at 5 p.m., and Hubbie and I watched the evening news and read the local newspaper, before having a supper of bagel pizzas and salad. After supper, I played on my laptop, while Hubbie watched TV action movies.

It wasn't a very exciting day, but it was pleasantly relaxing after a whirl-wind holiday season.

0 comments: