Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3, 2009




The top photo shows the little ceramic "pillow" vase that Hubbie's daughter gave me for Christmas. There are three holes in the top for placing elements of an arrangement. For my first attempt, I used a cardinal bird, nestled in natural dried materials, for a winter look.
The second photo is of a winter wreath I put together today from silver materials. I had the grapevine wreath on hand already, and I bought the decorations for $1.50 at a discount warehouse store this morning. The decorations were marked half price, because they were part of the store's Christmas clearance items. I like the wintry look of the wreath, but it needs tweaking, so I'll probably work on it some more tomorrow.
Besides the warehouse store, we also went to the greeting card shop, and to the WDCS. It was about 12:30 p.m. before we got back home, so we had a late lunch, which was okay, because we had a late breakfast after snoozing until after 8 a.m. The reason we slept so late is that we had trouble going to sleep last night. No reason, just one of those restless nights. But I still did my treadmill and weight workout routine this morning.
Hubbie and I spent some time doing household chores this afternoon, before watching our favorite college basketball team play to a nail-biter win.
Mother was under the weather all day, so she stayed home. She wasn't up to having supper, so Hubbie and I settled for leftovers before settling in for an evening of watching TV.


0 comments: