Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday, April 6

Br-r-r! It was windy-cold this morning when I went to water aerobics. I thought I was done with wearing a winter hat and gloves until next December, but I certainly wore them today! Thank goodness, the pool was moderately warm. And since only 18 of us showed up for the session this morning, there were parking spaces available in the lot closest to the gym.

When I got back home, Mother came over and put color in my hair, in anticipation of getting haircuts tomorrow. She was very surprised that I went swimming this morning. But since this was the only morning during the next couple of weeks that I could attend water aerobics, I braved the cold and went on.

I finally heard from my friend in Texas, who said she hadn't returned my call because she was on a weekend trip to Houston with a friend. I'd called her land line, because I didn't know her cell phone number, so she didn't get my message until last night. Anyway, we arranged to get together on Friday. So we'll leave here on Wednesday, stop overnight over the border of Texas, and then continue Thursday to the town where my friend lives. We'll camp overnight there, and meet her Friday.

We'll stay in that town Friday night, too, then move on to the town where Hubbie's aunt lives, and spend Saturday and Sunday visiting her. From there, we'll go to another town to visit my high school friend for a few days and tour the area before returning home by the same route.

Predictions are that we'll have a hard freeze tonight, but by Wednesday, the temp should climb back into the 70s. Today, though, Hubbie spent quite a bit of time covering budding and flowering plants and shrubs with old bed sheets to keep a killing frost off of them. I'm afraid, though, that flowering trees, like our dogwood, which is just now in bloom, will suffer.

Since the weather has been so atypical this spring, we've packed all sorts of clothing into the camper....from summery capris and short-sleeved blouses, to winter wear...hoping to cover every eventuality.

We've worked hard today to get stuff done for the trip. While Mother and I organized things at home, Hubbie ran errands....getting a haircut, stopping mail and newspaper delivery, going to the vet for meds for Shih Tzu and Snoops, etc. Shih Tzu needed another round of cough medicine, and Snoops needed a tranquilizer to keep her calm during travel.

I've alerted all organizations we belong to that we won't be attending meetings next week, and we've ordered extra prescription meds for Mother and me, to be picked up tomorrow. Also, tomorrow, we'll hire the two neighbor boys to come and feed the cats while we're gone, and ask all the neighbors to keep a watch on our house for any suspicious activity.

Getting ready for a trip is a lot of work, but preparing ahead makes life easier on the road.

This evening, we watched a movie, and then the NCAA championship game between Michigan State and North Carolina, which NC won handily.

0 comments: