Friday, August 14, 2009

Camper Back

We got up early, so we could get on the road to another town, about two hours away, to pick up the camper. We left about 9 a.m. and arrived at Daughter's house around 10:30. The camper was at a town about 30 minutes from there, but we wanted to drop Mother and Shih Tzu off at Daughter's and then go shopping for a while before lunch.

We stopped at the mall first, where I took advantage of a gift card for a free item at a lingerie shop. We also browsed a book store. I wanted to see if I could buy a couple of movie musicals cheaper there than I can get them online. I couldn't. We also looked around a favorite clothing store, where I found a long-sleeve sheer blouse marked 50% off that will be great for a dressy occasion. But the blouse has a small mark from an ink pen on it, so I asked the clerk if she could give me a further discount, since I will need to try to remove the stain. She took another 10% off the price.

From there, we went to a warehouse discount store to buy several bulk food items. We're careful buying at this store, since often the prices at their regular store, or at other local grocery stores are better than the warehouse prices. Today, for instance, bananas were priced higher than they are at a local grocer's.

After we finished shopping, we bought grilled chicken sandwiches for Mother and me, a hamburger for Hubbie, and containers of soft serve ice cream for all of us at a fast food store near Daughter's house, and took them to her house for lunch. Daughter was at work, and Son-in-Law was away visiting his brother, so there was only the three of us at lunch time.

Following lunch, we went to the other town to pick up the camper. While we were there, we visited Hubbie's sister, his son, and his two grandchildren. Around 2 p.m., we picked up the camper and headed home.

We arrived around 4:30, and got pancakes out of the freezer for supper. Later, Hubbie and I went downtown for Second Friday events, including an artist reception at the art gallery. I took a spinach/artichoke dip and crackers for the event. We visited folks at the gallery for a while, and then walked up and down Main Street, browsing around the shops that were open, before returning to the gallery to pick up the remainder of the dip, crackers, and my dishes.

We were home about 8:30, and watched TV for a while. It was a long day.

0 comments: