Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday, August 17

I'm mystified by the fact that sometimes I CANNOT go to sleep at night. Last night was one of those nights. It was nearly 3 a.m. before I finally drifted off. Hubbie asked this morning if I had something on my mind. No. It's just that my mind gets caught in a continuous loop, reviewing the day, planning the next day, etc., and just won't shut down.



I slept til after 8 a.m., but was still sluggish all day. I got on the treadmill, anyway, because I'd missed four days of exercising...to go to see the butterfly film at the Master Gardeners meeting Thursday, to go pick up the camper in another town Friday, to go to the Caring Hands Hospice yard sale Saturday, and to get ready for company Sunday. Of course, I usually skip Sunday exercises, anyway, but not Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.



I didn't do much for the rest of the morning after getting ready for the day. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the bank and the pharmacy, and then to a book/music/video store to look for a cryptogram book to give to Mother for Christmas (yes, I'm already looking for stuff for Christmas). I didn't find the puzzle book, but I did find a book on CD for $3. New books on CD cost $25 to $30 and up.



From there, we went to the WDCS to pick up snapshots, and a couple of beauty products, including nail polish that I used a $1 coupon on. I also bought a set of nice cozy cotton jersey knit bed sheets in twin size for Mother for Christmas.



Mother came over after we got back home, and we planned this week's menu. For supper, we had a variety of leftovers...sliced cold fried chicken, a dab of mashed potatoes with gravy for Mother, and fajitas for Hubbie and me, plus leftover corn, and sliced tomatoes, as well as biscuits with honey, and/or biscuits with gravy.

Later, Hubbie and I watched a movie..."Oxygen: Dying to Escape," from the Lifetime Movie Network. The plot revolves around a couple of men who kidnap a woman and then bury her alive and demand a million dollars ransom from her husband.


Funny: yesterday, Granddaughter related a story about her sister and her sister's pre-kindergarten daughter (my great-granddaughter):



Great-granddaughter was very irritable and fussy one day. Nothing Granddaughter did for the child satisfied her, and she continued to whine and whine, frustrating Granddaughter.



At her wits end, Granddaughter finally pleaded, "What do you NEED?!!"



In answer, Great-granddaughter flung her head back in abject misery. "I NEEDS A NAP!!!" she wailed.

0 comments: