Saturday, August 22, 2009

Visit with Sis Friday

We slept late, and then I got on the treadmill and did weights exercises. Mother and Sis came over as I was getting ready for the day and worked on the jigsaw puzzle. After I dressed, I made a photo get-well card on the computer for a grandson who is ill. Then I selected a handmade card to send to a high school classmate, to let her know I am thinking about her following a recent diagnosis of congestive heart disease. I learned about her problem from another classmate with whom I've been corresponding.

After that, I made a big dish of Jell-o, filling it with fresh fruits, including a couple of bananas that were going to get overripe. Sis doesn't care for Jell-o, however, so she chose to eat watermelon and other fruits for dessert while she was here.

Following a lunch of sandwiches made from sliced cold pork roast, with sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese, and a choice of corn chips or pretzels, Mother, Sis, and I went to a new department store that is having a grand opening sale this weekend. We didn't really expect to find anything, but Sis found two skirts to her liking, Mother found a pair of slacks, and I found a pair of tan Capris. All were reasonably priced, but I found my Capris on the clearance rack, and once we'd used a 15% discount coupon, the Capris cost me just $4.65.

When we got back home, Mother and Sis completed the jigsaw puzzle, and I did this and that, including gathering flowers from the yard to create an arrangement in the pillow vase for the dining room table.

For supper tonight, we had parmesan talapia fish, macaroni and cheese, and peas and carrots. Then we played several games of Duo, with Sis topping out by winning four games, Hubbie winning three, and Mother winning two. Yours truly won zilch, nada, zero. In fact, I won only three hands during the several hours that we played.

After the card games, Sis had a bowl of mixed fresh fruit, while the rest of us had Jell-o for a snack, with a choice of homemade oatmeal, gingersnap or fruited chocolate cookies. Then Mother and Sis went to Mother's house, and Hubbie and I watched a one-hour show on TV before hitting the sack.

0 comments: