Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

It's hard to believe it's fall already. Where did summer go?



I slept well again last night, despite a thunderstorm around 11 p.m., but got up a little later than usual this morning. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session. Once I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran to the store (again) to get last-minute perishable groceries for the trip.



We spent the rest of the morning loading stuff into the camper, and preparing food to take with us. We like to pre-prepare the meals we plan for trips, so we don't have to cook while we are away. We want to devote most of our time to shopping and touring.



This trip, we'll have meatloaf (left from tonight's supper), with leftover mashed potatoes, or sliced cold for sandwiches for lunch, corn chowder to be served with pimento cheese sandwiches, hamburgers/turkey burgers, to have with microwaveable baked potatoes and salad, and whole wheat pancakes, and scrambled egg substitute, with bacon or sausage on the side.



At 2 p.m., I met a dental appointment to have my teeth cleaned. I was back home about 3 p.m. I spent the rest of the afternoon before supper planning our Branson trip, including making a schedule for the days and times to attend the several shows we have tickets for. When we get back from this trip, I'll make reservations for the show, and Hubbie will reserve a camping space.



After a supper of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans, Hubbie and I relaxed and watched a Masterpiece Theater Mystery from the public channel, followed by the second night of "Dancing With the Stars" competitions.

0 comments: