Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wednesday, September 23

Left town around 9 a.m., headed for the capital city. Arrived noon-ish. Sis arrived shortly afterward, and we all had a lunch of homemade pimento cheese sandwiches, with a choice of chips, pretzels, or sliced tomatoes topped with cottage cheese, and cookies for dessert.

Sis stayed with Mother during the afternoon, while Hubbie and I went shopping. We stopped first at the visitor center of a national historic site to obtain Senior Passes. These replace the previous Golden Age Passports for folks 62 years old and older. Hubbie had a Golden Age Passport in the past, but it disappeared when he lost his billfold a year or so ago. This is my first time to apply for the Senior Pass, which is good for discounts at campgrounds and other state and federal facilities that charge fees.

After that, we went to a camera/video store, where I purchased a digital camera upgrade. I only needed a camera body...one that would accommodate the lenses and flash unit on my old camera. I had researched cameras online, so I knew what I wanted, and the store had one on hand. Fortunately, the store offered a six-months-same-as-cash program, so that I can spread the camera purchase price over that period of time, and won't be pinched for cash during the upcoming holiday season.

Then we went to a wholesale club to shop for bulk groceries and other items, before returning to the campground. Upon our return, Hubbie and I decided to ride our bikes around the campground. Twenty or thirty minutes of riding was great exercise, and a lot of fun. The weather, overcast and mild, was great for riding, too.

Supper was corn chowder and cold meatloaf sandwiches. After supper, we played several games of Skipbo, with Mother, Sis, and Hubbie winning all but one game, which I managed to snag. During one game, I thought I was going to set some sort of a record when I had not moved a single card off my stack until near the end of the game.

0 comments: