Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday, October 1

Wow! October already. The months are whizzing by.

We slept late this morning, until 8 a.m. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and weights exercises. After that, I uploaded photos to the one-hour service. I didn't accomplish much after that.

At 1 p.m., Mother and I went to the art gallery to help put tags, ribbons, and hangers on sun catcher Christmas ornaments. We were the only two to show up for the project, so we spent two hours working on it. I bought one of the multi-faceted clear ornaments for our white tree.

We also took four of the screen door Christmas cards that we made, to be offered for sale during second Friday events next week. This will be a trial. If the cards sell, we'll make more. The art council director commented that folks may not be willing to buy a card for $2.75 and then pay postage to send it. But I think folks might want to do what we'll do...use the cards as part of local organization exchange gifts, or to send to special people. I think they'd be nice as teacher's gifts from kids, too.

While we were at the gallery, Hubbie attended a Master Gardener nominating committee meeting. As is the case with most organizations around town, no one wants to take an officer position in the Master Gardener local club. So not much was accomplished today. I guess they'll have to resort to begging folks to take the reins.

After we got back home, Mother went to her house, and Hubbie and I drove down to a roadside vendor to buy pumpkins, pears and butternut squash. Tomorrow, we'll look for a bale of straw and pots of mums to use in decorating the yard.

For supper, I made fajitas, using whole wheat tortillas, slices of deli turkey, sauteed mushrooms/onions/bell peppers/tomatoes, black bean dip, green chilies, salsa, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. I rolled and wrapped these in foil and heated them in the oven, and then served them topped with sour cream, and a side of fresh tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, and slivered baby carrots.

After that, it was business as usual...watching TV.

0 comments: