Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday, October 8

We were up around 7:30 this morning, so Hubbie could get ready to go to a Master Gardener meeting at 10 a.m.

I skipped my exercises in hopes of spending time at my computer writing the first draft of the story about the gentleman who celebrated his 100th birthday today. But it was not to be, thanks to Shih Tzu, who demanded attention. When she was upstairs, she wanted to be downstairs. When she was downstairs, she wanted to be upstairs. She just generally made a nuisance of herself. I typed one paragraph before I gave up and decided to tend to Shih Tzu until Hubbie came home at noon.

Mother came over around 9 a.m. and stowed our scrapbooking stuff, while I spruced the rest of the house in anticipation of a visit from the pest control guy. She went home before lunch, and after Hubbie and I had eaten, I left him to babysit Shih Tzu, while I adjourned to my office upstairs and spent a couple of hours getting a draft of the story completed.

I had planned to have leftover chili for supper, but Hubbie offered to take me out to eat. We went to a steak house, where we shared a combo meal of grilled chicken breast and ribs, with sides of baked sweet potato, and okra. I took the chicken, and Hubbie ate the ribs. We split the potato and okra. I asked that the butter and brown sugar for the sweet potato be served on the side, so I could control the amount I used.

Later, we began watching one-hour shows from the DVR, until suddenly everything quit working. Though there was sound, I couldn't get a picture on the TV screen, and the DVR stopped playing. So we decided to watch a movie on video cassette. I thought I had chosen a murder mystery (which is what is indicated on the label), but it turned out to be the first part of the six-part mini-series, "Into the West." I don't know if I have the remainder of the series or not. Oh well, we saw this one a long time ago, anyway.

Note: I got an e-mail from Daughter-in-Law today, saying that Grandson and his wife are expecting another boy in February.

0 comments: