Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday, October 7

Since it was water aerobics day, we were up early. Again, it was difficult to exit the driveway, thanks to that blind corner, sun glare, and today, the added obstruction of van exhaust that created a dense fog that curled around and obscured my view from the side window.

Hubbie decided to help me out by going across the road, where he could clearly see both ways and motion me when it was safe to leave the driveway. But then, about a half mile down the road, I ran into a long line of traffic that snailed another half mile to the four-way stoplight.

At the college, the parking lots were full, and the closest free space was way up on the hill. By the time I walked down to the gym, I was late getting in the pool and only had about fifteen minutes to swim in the deep end before aerobics started.

Back home, after I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran a few errands...to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Mother, to a grocery store that has grapes on sale, and then to the public library to get new barcode library cards.

From there, we went to the new department store that is apparently going to be one that has a sale every week. Hubbie was hoping to find a pair of shoes. He didn't. I was interested in the on-sale three-quarter-length sleeve and long-sleeved knit shirts. I found two that I liked...one is a red and black paisley print, the other is chocolate brown.

After lunch, Mother came over, and we put together a pot of chili to simmer for the afternoon. Then Hubbie and I went to the WDCS for groceries and incidentals.

Back home again, I went to my computer upstairs and transcribed the taped interview from yesterday. Tomorrow, I hope to get a first draft of the story done.

By this time, there wasn't much left of the afternoon. For the little while before supper, Mother and I searched for elements to add to the screen door birthday card for Hubbie's sister. I also typed a message for the card..."May You Open the Door to a World of Happys." Lame, but maybe she'll like it.

The chili was very good for supper, of course. For dessert, we had plain Jell-o. I made the Jell-o last night after supper. It was a dish that I thought wouldn't jell, because I put too much water in it. Actually, this was the first batch I made. I'd added fruit to it before I realized I'd used too much water. So I removed the fruit and transferred it to a new batch, this one with the correct amount of water. I wasn't sure the first batch would jell, but it did. Guess it's hard to completely ruin Jell-o, though I certainly tried.

After supper, we spent the evening as usual, watching TV.

0 comments: