Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, November 9

Busy day, starting with water aerobics this morning. Despite an overcast sky, the morning was pleasant for traveling to the college pool. And the water in the pool was warm, so I enjoyed swimming and water aerobics very much.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I went to the WDCS for groceries and incidentals, both for us and for Mother. Hubbie shopped for Mother, while I completed our list. While we were gone, Mother started a pot of chicken stewing for supper.

At home, after lunch, Mother and I spent most of the afternoon getting stuff together for a greeting card making session at Caring Hands Hospice on Wednesday. I also made a screen door birthday card for my friend in Texas, whose special day is next week. Then I used the Christmas rubber stamps loaned to us by our scrapbook club member to make several card stock pages of motifs. Mother did all sorts of things, like choosing papers, cutting card stock to size, locating envelopes, stickers, etc.

For supper, we had the boiled chicken, with mashed potatoes (Hubbie peeled the potatoes, and I mashed them...around here, everything is a community effort), English peas, and cole slaw.

After supper, I spent a couple of hours uninstalling my laptop computer's anti-virus program, installing the one I purchased recently at a discount price, and then running a full scan. While I was doing this, Hubbie and I watched a forgettable movie, followed by tonight's episode of "Dancing with the Stars."

0 comments: