Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday, November 14

Started the morning with a treadmill and weights exercises session on this beautiful, sunshiny, warm November day. Later, I spent time in the kitchen, making first an apple pie for Daughter's birthday, and then a cherry pie for Thanksgiving. I'll put both pies in the freezer until they're needed.

Then I cut up lettuce, veggies, and fruit for chef's salads for Hubbie's and my lunch. Mother came over after that, and we planned next week's menu and made a grocery list. After lunch, Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to shop. We especially needed provolone cheese to use in making whole wheat bagel pizzas for supper.

Otherwise, Mother and I did this and that around the house, while Hubbie worked in the yard, mowing the leaves to a mulch to be used as compost.

Then we relaxed and watched three episodes of Dr. Oz that I'd recorded on DVR, after which I put together the pizzas. Mother made a new recipe of Parmesan potatoes to go with them. This very tasty recipe calls for eight unpeeled red potatoes, halved lengthwise, that are placed in a baking dish, cut side down, on top of six tablespoons of melted margarine that has been sprinkled with three tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, and baked uncovered at 400 degrees, until tender...about 40 to 45 minutes.

Mother went home after that, and at 6:30, Hubbie and I turned on the radio to listen as our favorite college football team played to a much-needed win...YAY!

0 comments: