Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday, November 10

Started the day with a treadmill and weights exercises session. After I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the office supply store to get card stock; to the health food store for multi-vitamins; to the other discount store for incidentals; and to the WDCS for printer paper and other items.

Back home, Mother and I culled jigsaw puzzles and set aside a dozen boxes for family to choose from when they come for Thanksgiving. We also dug out various interesting new items to put into lunch sacks to use as grab bags at Thanksgiving. The bags are identified for women, men, and children. We stapled them shut, so the contents will be a surprise to whoever chooses them. Of course, guests will be free to swap items with each other, if they want to.

Since we have twelve family members with birthdays in December, we also looked through the cards we have on hand to see if we had enough for each birthday person, and found we lack about four. So we'll shop for those in the next few days.

At 5 p.m., I went to the art gallery for a scheduled meeting. Four of us showed up for the meeting, but the arts director failed to show. After twenty minutes, we declared the meeting adjourned and went home. I hope nothing is wrong with the director. I'm sort of concerned about her, since it is not like her to fail to show up.

I'm glad I went to the gallery, though, because there was an absolutely spectacular sunset this evening...the sun was large and orangy-red against a bright pink sky with purple and pink clouds.

Supper tonight was spaghetti and salad. Mother went home afterwards, and I cut up a bowl of fresh fruit before going to a community theater meeting at 7 p.m. At the meeting, we decided to suspend further meetings until February, since we have no shows pending and whatever business needs to be dealt with can be done by e-mail. This suits me just fine. I hate getting out on cold winter nights, though it will probably still be cold for the February meeting.

I was back home about 8:30. Before I left for the meeting, the TV acted up. Well, it wasn't really the TV. It was the cable box. I couldn't access the guide or the DVR list. Nothing on the remote control worked the functions. After the meeting, I fooled with the remote for a while and finally got the functions back. If this keeps up, though, we'll probably need a new cable box again.

There wasn't much time for TV tonight, but we did watch the second episode of "Dancing with the Stars."

0 comments: