Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday, November 22

We slept late this morning, and I skipped my exercises, as I usually do one day a week. Mother came over mid-morning, and she, Hubbie, and I, set to work doing this and that in preparation for Thanksgiving, like vacuuming carpets, washing area rugs, setting up buffet tables, and gathering plates, silverware, and serving dishes.

For lunch, we had Autumn Stew...a tasty dish of cubed pork loin cooked with carrots, onions, apples, and spices, in a chicken broth and beer base, and served over noodles.

On checking the gelatin I fixed yesterday, I found it had set somewhat, but is still mighty soft. So Hubbie said he would eat that batch, and I made a fresh batch for Mother and me. We enjoyed servings of the good batch for lunch. Afterward, Mother went home, and Hubbie and I watched a movie on TV.

Other than that, we read the Sunday newspaper, and I programmed the DVR for the week's movies...a very mundane day that continued with a French toast supper and more TV.

One movie we watched is called, "Chronicle of Escape," a subtitled Latin American film. It is based on a true story of a young minor league soccer player who, in the 1970s, is abducted by an Argentine government squad and wrongly accused of terrorism. He and others are humiliated and tortured to gain information. After several months, he and three others plot an escape. This is a very good movie, though disturbing for its reality. It's rated "R" for violence, some language, and nudity, but it has won several awards.

0 comments: