Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday, November 21

We didn't get up until 8 a.m. this morning. After a late breakfast, I did a treadmill and weights exercises session. We spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon cleaning house and doing other things related to getting ready for Thanksgiving. While we were doing that, I recorded our favorite football team's game on DVR.

Later, Hubbie and I watched as our team played to a victory...yay! After that, Hubbie watched another football game, while I went through more magazines, either reading or clipping articles of interest, and clipping puzzles.

Mother came over mid-morning to help with house cleaning, and then she sat down to catch up on reading this week's local daily newspapers, before going home to relax for an hour or so.

One of the cleaning chores this morning was the pantry, where we unearthed a box of gelatin dessert with a long-past expiration date. I decided to try it anyway. So far, the gelatin is sulling in the refrigerator, but not gelling. If it is not gelled by morning, I'll rinse the fruit in it and start over again with a fresh box of gelatin. I guess I should have discarded the one I used along with other goods that were out of date, or too high in fat and sodium. The pantry is nice and organized now. Wonder how long it'll stay that way?

Last Thursday, we sorted through the canned goods shelves in the storage room, boxing lots of stuff for family to take if they want it...things like soups, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, veggies, etc., all of which are too high sodium for me.

Supper tonight was leftover white beans, sauteed cabbage, Chinese beets, and freshly baked sweet potatoes. Afterward, Hubbie and I watched TV, of course. While we did this, I continued going through magazines until I got tired of reading.

0 comments: