Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday, November 18

It was difficult for me to force myself out of my warm bed this chilly day to go to water aerobics. I donned a coat and gloves and went on, though. It wasn't helpful that the water in the pool was chilly, too, though once I was used to the water temp, I enjoyed my swim and aerobics session, as always. Socializing with the ladies is a plus, too. Twenty of us showed up this morning.

Later, once I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I shopped at a couple of grocery stores...for on-sale celery and cottage cheese at one, and a bottle of balsamic vinegar at the other. I needed the vinegar to make a recipe of Italian tomato soup for lunch. So we came straight home after getting those items, and I put the soup together. The recipe calls for no-salt canned tomatoes, canned white beans (rinsed), low sodium chicken broth, onions, bell peppers, and garlic, plus Italian seasonings and olive oil. The ingredients are blended to soup consistency and simmered for 20 minutes. It's a tasty and healthy alternative to high sodium canned tomato soup.

Following lunch, Hubbie and I headed out again...to the bank, to the WDCS, and to the gas station. We shopped for both ourselves and for Mother.

At home, Mother made a pot of potato soup for supper. This was a two-soup kind of day, and both were warming and comforting. Mother made a batch of banana muffins to have with the potato soup.

Before supper, we relaxed and watched a couple of TV shows....an episode of "Dr. Oz," and an episode of "NCIS Los Angeles." We haven't decided if we want to continue following this new NCIS series. We prefer the old one.

Same old routine after supper.

0 comments: