Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday, December 13

Slept until 7:30 this morning, and then after breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises, since I'd skipped my exercises yesterday.

After that, it was business as usual for a Sunday morning. For lunch, we settled for leftovers...potatoes that we'd taken to the Master Gardener potluck, canned beans and corn on the cob from a few days ago, along with yeast rolls, also from the MG potluck.

We occupied the whole afternoon watching Christmas shows and movies..."The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" animated feature, several Charlie Brown Christmas shows, and the movie, "A Christmas Story."

Mother went home afterward, and later Hubbie and I had PB&J sandwiches and fresh fruit for supper. Then I got busy and addressed Christmas cards, which took a couple of hours by the time I hand wrote notes in some of them and printed copies of my boring Christmas letter to include in others.

While I was doing this, we watched a Hallmark movie, "Christmas in Canaan," starring Billy Ray Cyrus. The plot revolves around a widowed father in the 1960s who is determined to teach his young son not to be a bigot. In the process, the son and an African-American boy become inseparable friends, and stay that way into adulthood. They experience lots of troubles and tribulations along the way.

0 comments: