Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday, January 12

Slept late again, til 8 a.m., then did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house. Mother came over around 11 a.m.

After a lunch of leftover chicken noodle soup, Hubbie and I ran errands. First, he dropped me off at the beauty shop for my appointment, while he went to pick up prescriptions for Mother at the pharmacy. Interestingly, I learned today that my hairdresser's birthday was Monday, a day after mine. In all the years that she's cut my hair, this is the first time we realized our birthdays are so close together.

We could certainly tell that our ages are eons apart, though, when, following my haircut, I put on my coat, slung my handbag onto my shoulder, and waltzed toward the door. Before I got very far, my hairdresser asked if I'd paid her. Well, no, I hadn't. Embarrassed, I quickly whipped out my checkbook. Sometimes, I think I'm losing it.

Hubbie was waiting for me in the parking lot, and we went to a dollar store to buy ingredients to make hand cream and other beauty products like the ones we learned to make at the Extension Homemakers crafts extravaganza in October. I've enjoyed using what I made at that event, and decided to make more.

Back home, I did some more household chores, and then spent an hour or so at my office computer. At 5 p.m., I went to an arts council meeting that lasted until about 6:15.

After a supper of leftover autumn stew, Mother went home, and Hubbie and I watched a movie..."Bottle Shock," a PG-13 film starring Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman, and Dennis Farina. Based on a true story, it is a lighthearted look at the 1976 blind-tasting showdown event in Paris that pit California's wines against French wines, with a California Napa Valley wine taking first place. Entertaining movie.

0 comments: