Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday, January 13

Slept late again, til just after 8 a.m., and then did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. I really should start getting up earlier in the mornings, since water aerobics will be back in session next Monday. But I probably wont.



Hubbie gave Shih Tzu a bath this morning, but I didn't accomplish much after my exercises. After lunch, we went shopping. Our first stop was at the grocery store that carries the brand of cottage cheese I like, and this time they had it. From there, we went to the greeting card shop, where I used three coupons. Two of them were for getting three 99-cent cards for a dollar, so I chose six.



Hubbie took those to the cashier while I continued to shop. But the cashier would only let him use one of the coupons. So he said, "Fine. My wife is still shopping, so when she's finished, she can use the other coupon for three cards." Which is what I did. Now, how much sense does it make to refuse to take the coupons together, but agree to take them separately just minutes apart from the same couple? Nowhere on the coupon does it say a person can't use two of them at the same time. All it says is you must purchase three cards with each coupon. Oh, well. The points for all the cards will be credited to my account.



I also bought a couple of scented reed diffusers, for my own use or to use as gifts. I applied a $5 birthday gift coupon to those. The store sent me the coupon enclosed in a birthday card. I still have a $3 coupon that needs to be used at that store by the end of January. We noticed today that they have cleared the greeting card racks for Valentines, so I think we'll use that coupon for Valentine cards.



From there, we went to the newest pharmacy in town to get extra heads for Hubbie's electric toothbrush. I'd gotten a $5 coupon for the brush heads when I purchased the toothbrush on sale Thanksgiving Day. However, Hubbie failed to take down the information from his toothbrush as to which brushes fit it. So we'll have to go back for those.



Then we went to an everything's a dollar store, and on to the WDCS for a few groceries and incidentals. We were back home by 3 p.m.



This evening, Hubbie treated me to dinner out and a movie for my birthday. We went to a popular restaurant on the river, and then saw "Sherlock Holmes" at the theater. At the restaurant, I had grilled tenderloin pork with Caribbean sauce, and a baked potato. This dish is sweet, with a bit of heat (honey and hot sauce?). Hubbie had the tenderloin pork with the house barbecue sauce, and baked potato. The meal came with salad and rolls.

"Sherlock Holmes" is a twist on the usual...the Holmes character, played by Robert Downey, Jr., is as much brawn as brains, a real action hero, as he fights a mysterious evil man and his cohorts, who threaten to take control of the world. The evil man was hanged for witchcraft, but somehow returns from the grave to continue his killing spree.

It's an entertaining movie, but gads it was frigid in the theater! Even with our coats on, Hubbie and I still had cold hands and noses. And the fact that the movie takes place in dark, foggy, rainy, cold London didn't make us feel any warmer. Only six of us attended this movie tonight.

We were back at our nice, warm house by about 9:30 p.m.

Note: yesterday around suppertime, a neighbor came to the door to ask us if we have a chubby Chihuahua dog...they found one dead by the side of the road, and they were going house to house to try to find its owners. I hate that someone has lost their beloved pet. We figure the little animal darted out of its house, without its owner knowing.

0 comments: