Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday, March 30

Another beautiful spring day. We were up around 7:30, and I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and continued working on her jigsaw puzzle. I spent part of my morning making phone calls and answering e-mails, while Hubbie went to get a haircut.

After lunch, I toured the yard to do snapshots of flowers (see previous blog), and then, since I didn't have anything scheduled for the afternoon, I read my novel.

Supper was leftover lasagna, with salad and cottage cheese. Mother worked on her jigsaw puzzle a little more afterward, and then went home. Later, Hubbie and I went for a walk down the country road near our house. Lots of new homes have been built on what used to be farmland.

Crops are no longer grown in the area, but three of the homes have pastures large enough to accommodate horses. At one place, a girl was tending six quarter horses. At another, a couple of women wearing helmets, one of whom we know, were riding saddle horses in an arena.

It was a nice evening for a walk, if a bit breezy. Along the way, snippy little dogs rushed out to bark at us, but they stayed in their yards. One large white dog, named Belle, that belongs to the lady we know who was riding the horse, walked with us part of the way back home.

Jonquils galore are growing in a field and along the bank of a ditch where an old farmhouse used to stand.

Back home, we settled in to watch TV. We started with a couple of one-hour shows, followed by the second night of "Dancing with the Stars," and then an episode of "Lost."

0 comments: