Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday, April 3

An inch or so of rain fell last night, but today was lovely, with Easter colors everywhere....yellows, purples, violets, pinks, and even the blue of the sky with white, fluffy clouds. The grass is getting green, and the trees are ready to burst into leaf.

We were up about 7:30 this morning, and I did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. While I was getting ready for the day, Hubbie bathed Shih Tzu. Then he gathered a small bunch of daffodils for the dining room table. The daffodils are fading, but there were enough for a pretty bouquet.

Later, I put a ham in the oven to bake, and then made a double batch of carrot salad. Didn't do anything else before lunch.

Mother joined us for deli turkey sandwiches, and afterward, we decided to visit a couple of warehouse stores. We didn't find a lot that we wanted, but I bought potholders at one store, and Mother and I bought packages of scrapbook materials at the other store. Mother also bought a couple of pairs of socks.

Back home, Hubbie watched TV, while Mother worked puzzles, and I read my novel and played on my laptop.

Supper tonight was leftover steamed veggies and crowder peas, along with slices of ham and yeast bread. Afterward, we set the table for tomorrow's Easter lunch, and finished slicing the ham to refrigerate.

Mother went home after that, and Hubbie watched the NCAA Final Four games on TV. I read my novel for a little while, until Sis arrived around 7 p.m. We visited for a while, and then had a snack of angel food cake with strawberries and whipped topping. The cake and strawberries are meant as an Easter Sunday dinner dessert, but we decided to sample it tonight.

Mother and Sis left about 9 p.m., and Hubbie and I watched TV for a while longer before hitting the sack.

0 comments: