Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday, May 4

Today is the anniversary of my dad's birthday.



I woke early this morning, around 4:30, and then tossed and turned for an hour and a half before going back to sleep. I just couldn't get comfortable, because I had a tummy ache. Hubbie was up at his usual 7:30 hour, so I got up, too.



I just didn't feel completely well, yet, and was in no mood for cold cereal. So Hubbie fixed me a couple of poached eggs and toast. That was all I ate for the rest of the day until suppertime, when my appetite returned, and I was able to enjoy a helping of lasagna that Mother made for supper.



Tonight, I'm feeling much better. Hopefully, I'll be back on track tomorrow.



It seemed like a wasted day, though, just lounging around. Once in a while, I'd get up and do something, like put clothes in the washing machine. But in just a few minutes, I'd go back to the couch again.



So I spent most of the day in front of TV. Pretty boring.



A few days ago, I got an e-mail from one of the community theater board members asking me to act as an usher for an upcoming play. I agreed that Hubbie and I would do it on opening night a week from this Thursday.



Then later, she e-mailed again to say the director of the play would want the ushers to stay in the lobby for the two-hour duration of the play, instead of attending the performance, as we are accustomed to doing. She said if any of the ushers wanted to change our minds about volunteering, she would understand. I responded that Hubbie and I would not be wanting to sit on hard, backless, benches in the lobby for two hours, so we would not usher.



Yesterday, she e-mailed once again to say the director had re-thought her plan, and that ushers could attend the play after all. So would I consider volunteering again. I agreed.



We spent our evening in our usual way...watching more TV, including an episode of "Castle," one of our favorite shows, and "Dancing with the Stars," another favorite.



Interesting: yesterday, a census taker stopped by and talked for a long time with Hubbie out in the driveway. We sent back our census form as soon as we got it, but our neighbor across the street apparently did not, and he refused to talk to the census taker. So the census taker was collecting as much information on the guy as possible from his neighbors.



Our knowledge of him is very limited...we know his first name, for instance, but not his surname. We've seen youngsters over there (boys), whom we assume are his sons, but no wife. And Hubbie guessed at his age, which I believe he overestimated. So the information Hubbie provided will make for a skewed result, unless the census taker is able to get more accurate information from others. Data collected is used to allocate Congressional seats, electoral votes, and government program funding, so I guess it's desirable to get as much information as possible, even if some of it is flawed.

0 comments: