Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monday, August 1

HOT!! Record-breaking temperatures are causing us to swelter here in the south. Needless to say (though I'm going to say it anyway), since there was no air conditioning, I skipped my exercises this morning.

The first thing Hubbie did was call the air conditioner repairman, who said he would come as soon as possible. He arrived around 10 a.m., added Freon to the unit and washed the coils, which solved the problem, thank goodness.

In the meantime, I spruced the house, because our pest control guy was supposed to come sometime between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Thankfully, the house, though warm, was tolerable this early in the morning.

When the bug man hadn't arrived by 1 p.m., Hubbie and I ran errands. Mother was here should the bug man come while we were gone. And he did, just minutes after we left.

We started our rounds by going to the bookstore downtown. While we were gone on our trip, I'd gotten a call from the woman who supervises the women's building at the fair. She said they'd found the missing Christmas card and another Christmas craft that belonged to us. So I stopped by the store to pick them up, but found the store is closed on Mondays.

So we went to the pharmacy, and to the newspaper office to pick up four back issues, then to the WDCS for groceries. Back home, we relaxed and caught up on reading the local newspapers, as well as the Sunday paper, which we hadn't had time to look at yesterday.

For supper, I got heated leftover lasagna from the freezer. Had that with cottage cheese and tomatoes from the garden. I accompanied Mother to her home afterward, and then Hubbie and I relaxed in front of TV for the rest of the evening.

0 comments: