Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday, August 5

Up around 7:30 this morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

We had a pretty lazy day for a change, and I needed it after the past several very active weeks. After I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands. First we stopped at one of the stores that has a sale every weekend, where I searched for a shirt to wear to an upcoming event. I found an orange cotton one on sale that I could use a 20% off coupon on. Got the shirt for about $13.

From there, we went to the everything's a dollar store, where I found several rubber cute rubber stamps. Then we went to the WDCS for a few grocery items.

Back home, after lunch, we whiled the afternoon away watching a movie I'd recorded on DVR. Mother stayed home today, though I visited her this morning. We'd got a call from her urologist, who said that except for a little constipation, her CT scan showed no problem. Constipation? What did constipation have to do with her kidneys, I wondered? When I relayed this information to Mother, she said that she guessed the scan showed more than just the kidneys, but that the stated problem had cured itself today.

Later, Hubbie did the honors of grilling steaks, which we had with baked potatoes and salad, and of course wine from our recent trip. Then it was an evening of TV, as usual.

Tonight, we saw a movie called, "The Uninvited," a 2009, PG-13, film about a teenage girl who is released from a mental hospital after being treated following the death of her ill mother in a horrific fire. She and her sister suspect the mother's nurse, who the father has taken into the home as his lover. The girl keeps seeing the ghost of her mother, who points at the woman and screams "Murder!"

1 comments:

Ann crum said...

Glad to read about Mom's health report, and that the "problem" seen is corrected now.