Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, Sept. 14

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m., then did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.



Later, I took Mother to the beauty shop for a haircut. Her appointment was for 11:30, but we arrived about ten minutes early. We didn't have to wait, so we were on the road back home by 11:40. Doesn't take long to trim Mother's thinning hair.



After lunch, I prepared vegetables and herbs in the food processor for tomato soup and set them to simmering. The soup is for our upcoming trip.



Then Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to pick up a couple of grocery items. While there, we ran onto a clearance sale going on in the main aisle. Hubbie found two pairs of shoes marked down half of half (they were already clearance marked), which he got for $3.75 a pair. I found two pairs of flats with sparkling details for $1.25 each pair.



In the garden center, Hubbie found ten-inch plant pots for $1.25 each. He bought four, but then returned to the store later and bought eleven more.



At home, Mother sliced steak, onions, and bell peppers to saute' for supper. She cooked those and baked potatoes while I was at an art gallery meeting. We usually have supper around 5 p.m., but on gallery meeting nights (once a month), we wait to eat until I get back a little after 6 p.m. Then I have to hurry to a 7 p.m. community theater board meeting.



My gallery and community theater meeting nights are Hubbie's unfavorite...he grimaces when I go, because he doesn't like spending the evening alone. He'd rather I'd be here to watch him reclined in his chair, a juvenile kitten or two on his chest, snoring through TV programs.

I was back home around 9 p.m. following the community theater meeting, and watched a one-hour show on TV before news and bedtime. Busy day.

0 comments: