Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday, Jan. 22

Up at 7:30, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. While I was on the treadmill, Hubbie came in to tell me the president of the Extension Homemakers Council (who is a man...go figure) had called and wanted to talk to me. I returned his call after I'd gotten ready for the day, and learned that he wanted me to act as reporter for the organization. I declined, because I'm already involved in several organizations, and committing myself to another full time task wouldn't set well with either Hubbie or Mother.

While I was getting ready for the day, Mother and Hubbie put together a couple of pots of 11-bean soup with ham and Rotel. They discovered that we lacked a can of Rotel, so Hubbie went to the grocery store to get another one and a few more items.

Once I was ready for the day, I brought out totes of rubber stamps, stickers, and other card-making supplies, so Mother and I could begin working on Valentine cards for Caring Hands Hospice.

I quickly made a card, using one of the punches that Son and Daughter-in-Law brought for my birthday, and then I went to my office computer to print photos I think will make good Valentine backgrounds. I also went through our handmade cards and found several Valentines we'd made for the county fair that we'll donate to Caring Hands.

Mother had begun cards a few months ago by gluing wallpaper samples to cards. Many of the samples make good backgrounds for Valentines, so Mother started adding elements and details to those cards today.

We worked until around 3:30 before growing tired of the project. We won't be able to get back to it until next Tuesday, since we will attend the Civil War reader's theater production tomorrow afternoon, and Monday is Hubbie's and my 30th wedding anniversary.

For supper, we had barbecue sandwiches, with baked potatoes and salad. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then we watched TV, as usual, including our favorite college football team as they played to a brutal loss. Oh well, the popcorn and wine spritzers were good.

Note: Mother has developed a head cold and is feeling a little blah. But she still wanted to make greeting cards. I hope she doesn't feel too miserable to attend the reader's theater tomorrow. I think she really wants to go and will be disappointed if she can't.

0 comments: