Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday, Jan. 18

Got up really late again this morning, around 8:30, but did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.



Mother came over mid-morning, and once I was ready for the day, we did some more organizing. I found a tote full of solid colors of cardstock in the store room, which we filed in appropriate folders and put in drawers. For several days now, I've thought we were done organizing scrapbook and card-making materials, but it seems I keep finding more stuff. Surely this is the end of it.



When we were done with the scrapbook paper, I stacked boxes of jigsaw puzzles into a storeroom book shelf...we'd gotten several down to work during the holidays. We've acquired quite a collection of puzzles, and it's getting harder and harder to find space for them.



Likewise with audiobooks on cassette tapes and CDs. I shelved a bunch of them in the storeroom today, but there are many more stored in totes in my office. I think I need an entire large room to store crafts supplies, jigsaw puzzles, audiobooks, and movies on VHS tapes and DVDs, as well as all the Christmas decorations. Maybe a yard sale is order.



Beyond organizing and then preparing for a turtoring session tonight, I didn't accomplish much today.



Supper tonight was leftover autumn stew with noodles. Mother went home afterward, and I set a movie on DVR for Hubbie before I went to the college library to meet with my student.



We had a good session. At the end of it, she asked that we meet for two hours next Monday night, rather than an hour on Monday and an hour on Tuesday. I'm not clear if she wants to change our schedule to two hours each Monday, and not meet on Tuesdays, or not. But I'll clear that up next week. It's okay with me, but I hope it won't be taxing for her.



Back home, Hubbie and I watched the 2002, PG-13 movie, "Sunshine State," starring Angela Bassett, Edie Falco, Jane Alexander, and Alan King, with a cameo performance by Mary Steenburgen. Real estate developers descend on a Florida coastal town with promises of riches if they sell out. Do they take the cash and run, or stay faithful to their community?

0 comments: