Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, Jan. 20

Today is Sis's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sis!



Up at 7:30 this morning to a smattering of snow on the ground. Did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. By the time I was finished, the snow was coming down steadily and sticking to the ground, trees and bushes. But the road in front of the house was just wet, and traffic flowed without trouble.



Once I was ready for the day, I spent some time in the sun room shooting pictures through the window of the birds feeding at the bird feeders. Then I got into my coat and hat and went outdoors to snap images around the yard.



When I could no longer feel my fingers, I came back indoors to upload my photos to my social network page.



It was lunchtime by the time I finished, so Hubbie and I had deli turkey sandwiches, and then I went back outdoors to take a few more shots. Snapping photos and uploading them occupied most of my day. The only other thing I accomplished was to update our family genealogy, using the information given to me by my second cousin once removed from up north.



While I was doing this, our friend who lives in Springfield, MO, called, and we chatted for about 30 minutes. We didn't exchange Christmas cards this year, so I sent her a New Year's card with a long letter. Her call was in response to that.



This lady and her husband have been through a lot lately, having been in an auto accident that totalled their car and injured them. They have repaired from their injuries, but now the lady is having hip problems that may require surgery, and her husband is to have prostate surgery soon. It has also been discovered that he has an irregular heartbeat that needs attention. We agreed that getting old is not for wimps.



Later, I got a call from one of the community theater board members, asking if I know who is lined up to usher the upcoming Civil War play. I only know that Hubbie and I are to do it Sunday, but I referred him to another lady who might know. I volunteered to usher an extra night, if I'm needed.



Around 4 p.m., Hubbie and I decided to watch a movie I'd recorded on DVR. It was titled "Hollywood Homicide," a 2003, PG-13, action comedy, starring Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett.



For supper, Hubbie and I had leftover chili, with crackers and peanut butter. Mother stayed home today.



We continued watching TV for the evening, including a movie called, "Memento." This 2000, R-rated film stars Guy Pearce and Joe Pantoliano. In this thriller movie, Pearce plays a man who is unable to form new memories. He develops the malady on the night his wife is murdered. He wants to take revenge on the person who killed his wife, but can't remember from minute to minute who he has talked to. He makes lots of notes to himself, even having reminders tattooed on his arms, legs, and chest, and he takes Polaroid pictures of everything, but his investigation leads him further and further into danger. Strange movie that seems to end where it began.

0 comments: