Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday, Jan. 6

Got up around 8 a.m., and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Didn't do a lot besides check e-mail messages and help Mother work on the jigsaw puzzle before lunch.

After lunch, Mother, Hubbie, and I prepared meat and veggies for the slow cooker to make a sort of New England stew. Mother cubed beef, which I browned with herbs and garlic. I put the beef in the slow cooker with carrots, onions, and celery that Mother cut up, and potatoes that Hubbie peeled and quartered. To this, I added beef and chicken broths and more herbs and garlic. And then Hubbie quartered a head of cabbage to be placed on top on the other veggies. The stew simmered in the slow cooker for several hours.

Sis arrived this afternoon to spend a few days with us. She joined Mother in working on the jigsaw puzzle, while Hubbie and I ran errands...to the Extension Services office to pick up two-year calendars I'd ordered, and to the WDCS for groceries.

Back home, I joined Sis and Mother in working on the puzzle. Around 5 p.m., we enjoyed the stew with a choice of cornbread or biscuits. I'm not fond of cornbread, so I chose biscuits and honey.

Afterward, Mother, Sis, and I resumed working on the puzzle, which we finished around 8 p.m. Mother and Sis went to Mother's house after that, and Hubbie and I settled in front of TV.

Tonight we saw the 2009, R-rated movie, "Formosa Betrayed," starring James Van Der Beek, Leslie Hope, and John Heard. Based on true events, an FBI agent is sent toTaiwan to find the killers of a Taiwanese-American professor. He finds a conspiracy that includes the U.S. State Department and the Chinese Mafia.

0 comments: