Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday, Feb. 10

Today is Great-Grandson's birthday. Happy Birthday, Great-Grandson!



Awoke to sunshine today, though it is still very cold outside. Did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I completed an online monthly report for the Literacy Council, but didn't accomplish anything else.



At noon, we went to Mother's house to enjoy more of the potato soup and muffins for lunch. After that, I traipsed around the yard looking for photo opportunities. I found a few, which I posted on my social network page.



I might have stayed outside a little longer if the neighbor's two dogs...a yellow lab, and a medium-sized terrier type...hadn't spotted me and come barking and running. I yelled at them to go home, but nothing dissuaded them from nuzzling and trying to jump up on me. I didn't want their dirty paws on my suede Nanook-of-the-North coat, so I came inside.



I was in no mood to start a major project this afternoon, so Hubbie and I watched the 2009 movie, "The Only Good Indian," a western starring Wes Studi, J. Kenneth Campbell, and Winter Fox Frank. In the early 1900s, a young teen Native American boy is snatched from his parents and taken to a school to assimilate him to white society and force him to abandon his Native American heritage.



He runs away from the school and is soon located by an adult bounty hunter of Cherokee descent, whose job it is to bring youngsters back to the school. He himself has embraced white man's ways, and has earned enough money to buy a motorcycle, white man's clothes, and other things. He tries to convince the boy to follow his example.



Couldn't think what to have for supper, so settled on pancakes, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs, which we had at Mother's house. Afterward, I stayed to visit with Mother for a while, and then came back home to join Hubbie in watching more TV.



Today, there was mail delivery, but still no newspaper. Once again the local paper offered it's online edition for free. Took five minutes to read what little was there.

0 comments: